Following our Saturday, October 15 walk, Maria and Jose Saez invited the club to have a special tour of their lush garden. Maria prepared a light breakfast and gave us a tour of her many unusual plants and fruit bearing trees. Everybody had a wonderful time.
NAPLES WALKING CLUB
MINUTES OCTOBER, 2016
President, Mary Moran, called the October meeting to order at 8:40 A.M. Thirteen members were present.
Mary then welcomed our new member Jo Anne Kovach. Jo Anne likes to take walking vacations.
Happy Birthday to:
- October 2 Lorraine Duplinsky
- October 2 Carol Greenberg
- October 6 Carol Krafft
- October 14 Tom Geyer
- October 17 Janine Jedlicka
Treasury Report: Nadine announced a balance of $510.33.
TShirts: Carole said the cost has gone up. They are now $20.00. If members walk over 600 miles, they are included in a drawing for a prize. Members then voted not to give a tshirt for a prize.
- October 5 Blue Zones at Veranda Wine, 5th Ave. S and 3rd St. 5:30 7:00 A.M.
- October 10 Annual Columbus Day Walk at Tin City at 7:00 A.M. (Mon.)
- October 19 Billie Swamp Safari, $45.00 (over 62), Wednesday. It includes airboat ride, swamp buggy tour, & venomous snake show.
- November 5 Heart Walk at Cambier Park. Festivities are at 8:00 A.M. And the walk starts at 9:00 A.M.
- November 8 Election Day
- November 11 Veteran’s Day Walk, Friday, at Tin City at 7:00 A.M.
- November 12 Monthly meeting followed by Elephant Fest at the zoo. Go to alzsupport.org to order tshirt and ticket.
- November 24 Thanksgiving Day
- December 5 Elect new board. Joanne, Margo, & Carol Mumford volunteered for the nominating committee.
- December 12 Carol Greenberg volunteered to host the Christmas party. She asks that those who attend drop off food at the house first and then park at the clubhouse and walk to her house.
There was no other business and the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 A.M.
Lovice (Lovi) Holland
Attached is our Finance Report as of October 1 2016.
Nadine Kelly – Treasurer.
Check out our club Facebook page to see pictures of various members’ activities. You don’t have to join Facebook to view, but you do need a Fb profile to join. Visit us at: Facebook.com/napleswalkingclub. Comments are welcome.
The Naples Walking Club received a short note from Chante Pemberton of the Blue Zone Project in which she thanked the club members for their support. Several members had attended a Moai Celebration and formed a Moai called The Tin City Walkers for the downtown walkers. Dawn and Paul formed another Moai for a north Naples group. Chante wrote that she looks “forward to a fun-filled relationship between our project and the Naples Walking Club.” When our northern members return this fall we will have a speaker from the Blue Zone Project explain more about its purposes.
Thomas Tyrrell 9
“Pom” Tyrrell 16
Bob Wolanski 18
Lucy Sparrazza 29
Wishing each one a very happy celebration and a wonderful year to follow!
Our club Labor Day walk will be at the Collier County North Regional Park on Livingston Road at 7:15, next Monday, September 5. Wendy has generously offered to bring the coffee and a breakfast snack, so please let me know if you plan to come so she can plan accordingly.
Drive to the back of the soccer field parking lot where the walk will begin. There is a covered area near the field for our refreshments. Hope to see you there. Please email or call (571-2770) if you are coming. Thanks, Mary.