NAPLES WALKING CLUB
MINUTES OCTOBER, 2016
President, Mary Moran, called the October meeting to order at 8:40 A.M. Thirteen members were present.
Mary then welcomed our new member Jo Anne Kovach. Jo Anne likes to take walking vacations.
Happy Birthday to:
- October 2 Lorraine Duplinsky
- October 2 Carol Greenberg
- October 6 Carol Krafft
- October 14 Tom Geyer
- October 17 Janine Jedlicka
Treasury Report: Nadine announced a balance of $510.33.
TShirts: Carole said the cost has gone up. They are now $20.00. If members walk over 600 miles, they are included in a drawing for a prize. Members then voted not to give a tshirt for a prize.
- October 5 Blue Zones at Veranda Wine, 5th Ave. S and 3rd St. 5:30 7:00 A.M.
- October 10 Annual Columbus Day Walk at Tin City at 7:00 A.M. (Mon.)
- October 19 Billie Swamp Safari, $45.00 (over 62), Wednesday. It includes airboat ride, swamp buggy tour, & venomous snake show.
- November 5 Heart Walk at Cambier Park. Festivities are at 8:00 A.M. And the walk starts at 9:00 A.M.
- November 8 Election Day
- November 11 Veteran’s Day Walk, Friday, at Tin City at 7:00 A.M.
- November 12 Monthly meeting followed by Elephant Fest at the zoo. Go to alzsupport.org to order tshirt and ticket.
- November 24 Thanksgiving Day
- December 5 Elect new board. Joanne, Margo, & Carol Mumford volunteered for the nominating committee.
- December 12 Carol Greenberg volunteered to host the Christmas party. She asks that those who attend drop off food at the house first and then park at the clubhouse and walk to her house.
There was no other business and the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 A.M.
Lovice (Lovi) Holland