NAPLES WALKING CLUB
November 11, 2017
President, Mary Moran, called the November meeting to order at 9:25 a.m. following our walk for Veteran’s Day at Freedom Park. Eighteen members were present. Five have November birthdays: Linda McNerhany, Helen Lavelle, Lovi Holland, Wendy Bright and Pat Johnson.
The October 2017 Minutes were approved, as written.
Treausrer Report: Marsha McGuinness reported that the club has a balance of $786.58 as of October 31, 2017. Dues for 2018 should be submitted to Marsha.
Mileage: Joanne Dempsey reported on those members having top mileage year-to-date. The mileage is reported on our website. Currently Jane Baker, Deborah Stevenson, and Linda McNerhany have the most mileage for 2017.
T-Shirts: Debbie Vallante commented that it is nice to see everyone in their colorful t-shirts. Members should email their requests for additional shirts to her. Once she gets an order for 12 she will place the order. The new lightweight shirts are $11, and there is a new sleeveless V-neck version of the shirt available.
Old/New Business: Mary reported that the Heart Walk last Saturday was well-attended. Please see picture on our website and Facebook page. Upcoming events include:
- Thanksgiving Day, Gobble Gobble 4-mile run/walk at Venetian Village starting at 7:25 a.m. The Gulf Coast Runners 5K Turkey Trot is also held on Thanksgiving on 5th Avenue beginning at 7:30 a.m.
- We have made a donation to the 1.25 mile Juvenile Diabetes Walk, Genevieve Homiller’s Team, which will be held on December 2, 2017 at 9:30 at Venetian Village.
- Mary encouraged members to sign up to volunteer for the Naples Half Marathon water stop which will be manned by club members on Sunday, January 14, 2018.
- Debbie Vallante, Lovi Holland and Deborah Stevenson served as the Nominating Committee to develop a list of nominees for the 2018 Board. The nominees are: President, Gail Risner, Vice-President, Lucy Sparrazza and Mary Ann Bohannon, Secretary, Carol Mumford, Communication/Webmaster, Joanne Dempsey, Treasurer, Marsha McGuinness assisted by Carole Levick, Event Coordinator, Mary Moran, T-Shirts, Debbie Vallante, Membership, Deborah Stevenson. Two positions, Marketing/Publicity and Historian/Photographer, are open, and the Committee asked for volunteers who might be interested in serving in these positions.
- Mary invited everyone to hear the HUG ukulele group at the Naples Central Avenue Library on December 21, 2017 at 3:30 p.m.
- A location and date for the Christmas potluck is being determined. Tentatively, it will be held during the week of December 11, 2017.
The next meeting of the Naples Walking Club will be held on December 2, 2017 at the IHOP restaurant on Davis Avenue.