NAPLES WALKING CLUB
December 2, 2017
President, Mary Moran, called the December meeting to order at 9:15 a.m. Nineteen members were present. Four December birthdays were recognized: Mary Ann Bohannon, Judy Galer, George Hedden, and Marge Peyrot.
The November 2017 Minutes were approved, as written.
Treausrer Report: Marsha McGuinness reported that the club has a balance of $1,241,60 as of November 30, 2017. Marsha recommended that club send a $100 donation to St. Matthew’s House instead of collecting contributions at our monthly meetings. This recommendation was approved by the members.
Mileage: Joanne Dempsey reported that members mileage is available on our website and will be updated soon.
T-Shirts: We are building another order of twelve Sport Tek t-shirts. If you are interested in a short sleeve or tank top shirt, let Debbie Vallante know at email@example.com or 239-304-9513. Debbie sent out an e-mail on Friday with details about the colors and styles of shirts but she knows not everyone received it. She is having difficulty creating a distribution list right now that will allow her to send pictures of the styles and colors as the e-mails are not copying over correctly. If you want her to send you an e-mail with pictures, send her an e-mail request and she will get it to you.
- The 1.25 mile Juvenile Diabetes Walk is being held today at Venetian Village.
- On December 10th the Pilot Club is sponsoring their 5K at Collier Regional Park beginning at 7:00 a.m., cost $27.
- Mary encouraged members to sign up (include name and t-shirt size) to volunteer for the Naples Half Marathon water station which will be manned by club members on Sunday, January 14, 2018 beginning at 6:00 a.m. Members should bring trays, long-handled spoons and plastic pitchers labeled with their names.
- The Dave Cranor 5K will be held at 8:00 a.m. at Lowdermilk Park on January 1st. The event is free. Participation in the 2018 Big Dave Polar Plunge is $20; no wet suits are allowed.
- The NAMI Walk will be held at Cambier Park on February 17th at 8:30 a.m.
- The PSP Walk is scheduled for March 10th at Mackle Park on Marco Island, beginning at 10:30 a.m., $25 donation.
- Bill MacDonald invited club members to participate in a day trip to the Ringling Museum in Sarasota in January. Bill will circulate a sign-up sheet.
- Ginny MacDonald invited club members to participate in a walk on Christmas Day morning at 8:00 at the Ritz-Carlton on the Beach. Members should meet in the Ritz parking garage which opens at 8:00. After the walk members will visit the gingerbread house in the lobby of the Ritz.
- Mary announced that Carole Levick has offered her community clubhouse for the club Christmas party if the club preferred to hold the event indoors. The clubhouse is available on December 8th or December 15th. Members decided that the Christmas Gathering will be held at the north gazebo in Lowdermilk Park on Gulf Shore Blvd. N. on Tuesday, December 12th from 4:00 until sunset. Members should bring their own drinks and an appetizer to share. Parking is by beach sticker or meters, or free on the street. Members were invited to come at 3:00 for a beach walk before the party. In the event of bad weather, members voted to have the gathering at Carole Levick’s clubhouse. Lucy Sparrazza and Maria Saez volunteered to help Mary set up for the Christmas party.
- Debbie Vallante, Lovi Holland and Deborah Stevenson served as the Nominating Committee to develop a list of nominees for the 2018 Board. Club members approved election of the following club officers for 2018: President, Gail Risner, Vice-President, Lucy Sparrazza and Mary Ann Bohannon, Secretary, Carol Mumford, Communications/Webmaster, Joanne Dempsey, Treasurer, Marsha McGuinness assisted by Carole Levick, Event Coordinator, Mary Moran, T-Shirts, Debbie Vallante, Membership, Deborah Stevenson. Two positions, Marketing/Publicity and Historian/Photographer, are open, and the Committee asked for volunteers who might be interested in serving in these positions.
The next meeting of the Naples Walking Club will be held on January 6, 2018 at the Greenway.