NAPLES WALKING CLUB
SATURDAY, MARCH 3, 2018
Gail Risner opened the meeting at 8:16 a.m. Twenty-one (21) members were present. Happy Birthday to our members who have March birthdays: Ginny MacDonald 3/9, Emil Peyrot 3/28, Bobbi Schuster 3/17, and Sarah Sprague 3/24.
Treasurer’s Report: Marsha McGuinness reported that the club has $1,115.53 as of February 28, 2018. We currently have 48 paid members. Check for membership dues should be made payable to Marsha McGuinness.
T-Shirts: Debbie Valente indicated that she is in the process of building a new order for t-shirts, including the new V-neck tank tops. Send her an email if you would like to order a shirt. An inventory of current shirts available for purchase was also available at the meeting.
- Open Positions: Gail asked for volunteers to fill the Marketing/Publicity Director & Club Historian/Photographer Board positions.
- Mary Ann Bohannan reminded everyone about the Winter Party to be held at the Village Green Clubhouse on 12th Avenue South from 4-6 p.m. on Sunday, March 4th. Friends are welcome and members should bring a dish for the potluck. The Club is supplying drinks, i.e. wine, beer and bottled water. There is ample parking at the Clubhouse.
- Mary Ann also asked about donating St. Patrick’s Day decorations and members agreed. Other supplies will be stored.
- Corrie Galoubandi, a potential new member, joined in our walk and asked if members would be interested in walking on Sunday evenings from 5-6 p.m. from Clam Pass over the boardwalk to Seagate and Venetian Village. Interested members can email Corrie at email@example.com . Also, the Club may be interested in this walk as a special event at a future date.
- Mary Moran invited everyone to join in a walk in the Hills of Marco Island on Friday, March 9th. Members should meet at the Publix on Bald Eagle Dr. at 8:00 a.m. She will email detailed directions. Members can brunch at the Red Rooster following the walk.
- March 10th – PSP Walk at Mackle Park, Marco Island from 10:30-1:30, individual cost $25. Members approved a donation of $100 from the Club to the PSP organization. Mary will contact Carol Greenberg to see if our donation can cover the cost of any members wanting to participate in the walk.
- Garry Adams announced a Tuesday, March 13th walk at the Naples Botanical Gardens. The walk will begin at 10:30 a.m. followed by lunch at the gardens café. The cost of entry to the gardens for non-members is $15. Garry will send out an email with the specific details of the event.
Gail closed the meeting after asking and receiving approval for the February 3, 2018 Minutes.
Next Meeting – The next meeting of the Naples Walking Club will be on Saturday, April 7, 2018 at the Greenway.