NAPLES WALKING CLUB
SATURDAY, APRIL 7, 2018
Gail Risner opened the meeting at 8:20 a.m. Seventeen (17) members were present. Happy Birthday to our members who have April birthdays: Gloria Cahill 4/2, Dave Leisen 4/28, and Carol Mumford 4/18.
Treasurer’s Report: Marsha McGuinness reported that the club has $952.44 as of March 31, 2018. We currently have 50 paid members. Check for membership dues should be made payable to Marsha McGuinness. Marsha also indicated that a thank you letter was received from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) for our donation.
T-Shirts: Members should send an email to Debbie Valente if they are interested in ordering a t-shirt. She will send an email with the current inventory of shirts available for purchase. Beginning at the April meeting a t-shirt will be given (from our t-shirt inventory) to the first member who answers a question correctly. This month’s question was “how many steps does someone need to walk per day for overall health?” Bobbi Schuster was the first to have the correct answer—-10,000 steps.
- Wendy Bright and Gail Risner will investigate registering the club as a non-profit organization. Recently a member was not able to get a non-profit organization discount at On-the-Run since the club is not officially registered.
- Barb Daltorio will prepare some business cards for the club to be used to recruit new members.
- Mary Ann Bohannan will schedule another Monday evening walk at Clam Pass soon. She will be sending an email with the details.
- Gail asked how many members were interested in reporting their mileage and if there was an interest in changing the way mileage is reported and rewarded. The current system for reporting mileage to Joanne Dempsey will be used. Any recommendations for changes should be submitted to Gail.
- Mary Moran recommended that the club consider a walk and tour at Koreshan Park. Barb Daltorio offered to organize the walk and inform members.
- Mary also suggested a walk on the 5K hiking trail at Collier Seminole State Park. She will determine a date and coordinate the event.
Gail closed the meeting after asking and receiving approval for the March 3, 2018 Minutes.
Next Meeting – The next meeting of the Naples Walking Club will be on Saturday, October 6, 2018 at the Greenway.