NAPLES WALKING CLUB
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2018
Gail Risner opened the meeting at 8:05 a.m. Twenty-one (21) members were present. We welcomed four new members: Judy Scribner, Frances Hickey, and Ann & Mike Santogatta. A new Naples Walking Club business card was viewed by members, and cards are available for members to distribute to recruit new members.
Treasurer’s Report: Marsha McGuinness reported that the club has $389.57 as of November 10, 2018. She presented and reviewed a financial report for club income and expenditures from October 3, 2017-November 10, 2018. She then indicated that she would be stepping down as Treasurer. On behalf of the club, Gail thanked Marsha for the wonderful job as Treasurer for almost two years. She also thanked Carole Levick who has served as Assistant Treasurer.
Interim Treasurer: Lucy Sparrazza will serve as interim Treasurer. Lucy reported that the club has now been registered with the state and that she will be setting up a free checking account under the club’s name. 2019 dues can be paid via cash or check. Checks should be made payable to Naples Walking Club. Dues payments can be given or mailed to Lucy.
T-Shirts: Debbie Vallante reported that an order will be placed as soon as 12 shirts are ordered. She reviewed the new form that is available for ordering a shirt. Shirts are $11.
Election of Officers:
Gail indicated that election of officers will take place at our December 1st meeting. The current positions and candidates are:
- President – Gail Risner
- Vice President – OPEN
- Secretary – Carol Mumford
- Treasurer – Lucy Sparrazza
- Webmaster – Joanne Dempsey
- Membership Chairperson – Joanne Dempsey
- Event Coordinator – Mary Ann Bohannan
- Marketing/Publicity Director – OPEN
- T-Shirt Coordinator – Debbie Vallante
Nominations for the open positions were requested. Barb Daltorio volunteered as a nominee for the Marketing/Publicity Director position which will also handle social media for the club.
Upcoming Events: Mary Ann Bohannan, Interim Event Coordinator, reviewed the following upcoming events:
- A tour of the Sugden Theatre “Behind the Scenes” is scheduled for Thursday, November 15, 2018. Currently 8 are signed up to attend and there is still available space in the tour. Let Mary Ann know if you would like to attend.
- Mary Ann reviewed options for the Christmas Party and/or Welcome Back Party. An email will be sent to members to determine if the club wants 2 parties or 1 party, and what the preferable dates and locations are. Carole Levick will check on the availability of her clubhouse. Mary Ann indicated that her clubhouse would most likely be available if we scheduled a party in January.
- Members indicated that they would like to resume the monthly evening walks. Mary Ann will schedule the next one for the 1st Monday of the month beginning in December.
- Joanne Dempsey reported that the Naples Pathways Coalition has asked that we co-sponsor a walk with them on Saturday, January 19, 2019 as part of the 1st Annual Paradise Coast Wellness Experience. The walk will start at 8:00 and we will have a table at the Greenway entrance with our banner, a brochure and application for club membership. Members were excited about this new event and opportunity to recruit new members.
- Mary Ann indicated that the Naples Daily News Half-Marathon will be held on January 20, 2019. We will once again be manning the first water station. Volunteers were requested and a sign-up sheet circulated. Details will be included in the newsletter that Joanne will be emailing.
Gail closed the meeting after asking and receiving approval for the April 7, 2018 Minutes.
Next Meeting: The next meeting of the Naples Walking Club will be on Saturday, December 1, 2018 at the Greenway.