President – Gail Risner
Vice President – Linda McNerhany
Secretary – Carol Mumford
Communications/Webmaster – Joanne Dempsey
Treasurer – Lucy Sparrazza
Event Coordinator – MaryAnn Bohannon
T-shirt coordinator – Debbie Vallante
Membership – Joanne Dempsey
Marketing/Publicity Director – Barbara Daltorio
- Preside over meetings (Oct. – May) or year round
- Delegate authority to other officers and members of this organization to accomplish needed tasks
- Ad hoc member of all committees
- Assist all committees as needed or assigned.
- Assist the President in all matters
- Assume president’s responsibilities in his/her absence
- Assist committees as needed or assigned
- Provide new members with copy of bylaws and information on dues responsibility.
- Take minutes of monthly and special meetings
- Write Thank-you notes to sponsors and speakers following each event
- Assist all committees as needed or assigned
- Publish/mail monthly newsletter to members who don’t access website.
- Gather and update website on news and member changes
- Log member mileage
- NWC Pelican Prattle monthly eNewsletter editor
- Send out birthday/anniversary/health update messages to members.
- Deposit and handle dues and all monies
- Maintain club checking account on a current basis
- Inform membership monthly on status of club finances.
- Provide info to members concerning methods to improve walking skills maybe even do warm-ups
- Review material on area competitive walks and provide information to members at monthly meetings
- Coordinate the Predicta Walk
- Coordinate the planning of our annual “out-of-immediate-area” weekend walk for the club
- Make information available to members concerning organized travel walking trips and tours
- Coordinate club parties & outings
- Coordinate charitable walks (United Way, Heart, etc.)
- Organize and support annual water station for half marathon
- Coordinate annual hike/outing.
- Look for ways to involve the Club in events
- Make sure we are getting in the free publicity.
- Introduce new members to other club members
- Maintain up-to-date membership roster
- Work with Treasurer to see that dues are collected in a timely manner
- Revise membership application form when necessary
- Register and receive new members by having them complete a Membership application along with a signed Indemnity form and collect membership fees
- Create and maintain new membership package that includes pertinent information about the Club
- Provide Board and membership information monthly
- Hold applications/indemnity forms of new members.
- Maintain club T-shirts
- Design the annual shirt for our destination walk.
- Keep a record or history of the clubs activities and achievements during the year.
- Take pictures at projects, socials and special events.